Monday, October 17, 2011

9 With some Fam

My wife, Bro and I played 9 holes this weekend at Wentworth Hills Golf course.  I played there earlier in the year.  It is still in great shape and beautiful this time of the season

The Course:

I played Wentworth (www.wentworthhillsgc.com) at the beginning of the season with Mikey and DJ G-Ram.  Check out the post on May 16th.  At the time they were in a little bit of trouble and havent had the best of seasons in the past and almost got bought out.  I asked for everyone to give it a go and try to support them and a great course.  If you were one of the many that did I thank you because they are going to be around for another season next year, WOOHOO.  Where else would I play my early and late season?

I love this course and if I lived closer I would be a member because it is such a great value for the money.  It is absolutely beautiful this time of year too with all the foliage.  I will never understand why people drive up to NH, VT, and ME to see leaves change color (put a pillow over my face if I ever become that person).  Just play a round of golf and look up every now and then.


The pic didnt come out that great on my I-Phone (I have to start bringing a real camera).  Trust me there are some great reds and oranges in the distance.  I could have gotten some close up shots but that would show you how bad I am and who wants that.

Wentworth is great at running deals too and it was only 50 clams for the 3 of us to play 9.  I dare you to find a better deal, I DARE YOU!

The Round:

My Bro just moved back from New Zealand a couple of weeks ago.  It is great to have him back in the states and even better to be able to enjoy 9 holes of golf with him and my wifey.  It was really nice out especially for  the middle of October in New England.


I mentioned in an earlier post that my wife and I have been taking lessons.  It was nice to get her out on the course again.  She didnt enjoy the group that started behind us (it makes her nervous).  We let them play through though and it was smooth sailing from there.  She hit some great shots and ended up playing really well.

Than, short for Nathaniel, (how cool is that nick name by the way, what a baller) swings like he could care less about the outcome.  So smooth and care free.  It is really fun to watch and reminds me of Big Ern a little bit. In honor of the fall season he decided to make a Jack-O-Lantern ball which was awesome.


I played pretty well actually.  It helps when you dont officially keep score because there is no pressure to do well.  It also helps if you drink a stiff Bloody to start the round.  Loosens you right up.  I did end up hitting some HUGE drives which always feels good.   Here is a picture from the biggest one of the day on the 9th hole.  I added in a yellow flag so you can tell where the tee box is.


Here is a picture of how close to the green I was afterwards.


30yds out, do you think that I birdied the hole.......NOPE, I suck!  I make a great partner for a scramble though if anyone is offering.  I might have video of our swings to add later, stay tuned.

The Beer:

I have officially let you down.  I had ZERO beers during and after the round.  Im sorry.  I did have that Bloody though.  Wentworth has a home made mix which is fantastic!  I had a Manhattan when I got home.  Im not 75 years old but I do enjoy the drink.  It is a socially acceptable way to get more Bourbon in my blood stream which makes me smile.

I promise to double up on beer consumption the next time I play.

Final Tally:

0 Beers, 0 Birdies.  I had a legit 3 looks at bird but couldnt hole any of them.  I told you I suck.  More beers and less hard drinks next time.  Until then, walking 9 is drinkin time.  Exercise and alcohol at the same time, you cant go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment